October 15, 2007 Leave a comment
Firefox browser offers much more customizations than Internet Explorer does. Here are some tweaks picked up by PCWorld that you might not know about.
My Thoughts & Experiences
February 2, 2006 Leave a comment
Techrepublic has a nice article about removing the unnecessary device drivers from Windows XP macines.
Here is how it can be done :
1. Press [Windows]+[Break] to bring up the System Properties dialog box.
2. Select the Advanced tab and click the Environment Variables button.
3. Click the New button below the System Variables panel.
4. In the New System Variable dialog box, type devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices in the Variable Name text box and 1 in the Variable Value text box.
5. Click OK to return to the System Properties dialog box and then click OK again.
6. Select the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button.
7. In Device Manager, go to View | Show Hidden Devices.
8. Expand the various branches in the device tree and look for the washed out icons, which indicate unused device drivers.
9. To remove an unused device driver, right-click the icon and select Uninstall.
Read the complete article on Techrepublic