Till now I was using the RTS to Unicode conversion tool listed on emata
for converting RTS text to Telugu.
Since I recently shifted to Firefox, I was looking for such an extension for Firefox and found it at
developed by Nagarjuna Venna . Thanks for the extension Nagarjuna garu…
Padma is a technology for transforming Telugu text between various public and proprietary formats. This extension illustrates the use of the technology for Mozilla based applications. Padma works on Firefox, Thunderbird and Netscape platforms. Padma supports the following output formats:
Input methods supported are:
A small fix for who ever is using new version of FireFox 1.5 Beta1…. As of today this extension is not compatible with this version… You can make to compatible by following the steps below…(Source :http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?category=main&id=30339#comment398754)
1. Download the original XPI extension, one that works in Deer Park.
2. Open it in WinRAR (or similair).
3. Extract the install.rdf file.
4. Open it in notepad (or similair…) and look for the target application bit (if there’s more than one then pick the one with the ID below) and modify it like this:
5. Save the file and place it back into the XPI using winrar.
6. Install extension.