Cool Websites Tips and Tricks for July 4th 2007
July 5, 2007 Leave a comment
Cool websites, tips and tricks found today:
- How Windows Shuts Down – A common problem scenario involves shutting down Windows. When troubleshooting problems during shut down we have to look at the Winlogon.exe process which can be tricky and must be done correctly. This article explains the internals of this
- How Windows Starts Up (Part the second) –
- How Windows Starts Up (part 1 of 4) – Everything you wanted to know about the Windows Startup
- iPhone FAQ – Here are the answers to the most frequently asked iPhone questions.
- Codswallop » The Freelancer?s Toolset – 100 Web Apps for Everything You Will Possibly Need
- Using Rundll32.exe in Windows XP – Windows XP contains a file rundll32.exe that allows command line access to certain functions that are explicitly written to be available to this executable file. This article explains how to use some of these.
- Using the Windows Hosts File – The advantages and disadvantages of a special Windows file called the “Hosts” file and its use to control Internet browsing are discussed.
- makeself – Make self-extractable archives on Unix – makeself.sh is a small shell script that generates a self-extractable tar.gz archive from a directory. The resulting file appears as a shell script (many of those have a .run suffix), and can be launched as is.
- iPhone Security Setting – Some quick answers to basic securiy questions related to iPhone
- iPhone User’s Guide (Manual) – iPhone Userguide from Apple
- Free J2EE Architect’s Handbook – This book is written for technical architects and senior developers tasked with designing and leading the development of J2EE java applications.